The current cost for an adult is $100 dues per year and a one-time runway fee of $150. The runway fee may be paid in installments of $50 per year. If joining after July 1st, the dues for the first year are $50.
- AMA Membership https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx
- Completed Membership application (click here)
- Attendance at orientation and safety briefing
- Sign off on the Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Flight training (no cost) if required
- Demonstration of flight proficiency
FAA registration is required. See the AMA web page:http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx for more information.
Planes that you own and fly must be marked with your AMA number and with your FAA registration number.