The current cost for an adult is $60 dues per year and a one-time runway fee of $150. The new 2019 to 2020 season runs from Sept 1 2019 to August 1 2020. The runway fee may be paid in installments of $50 per year. If joining at other times of the year, the membership representative will advise you of current terms.
- AMA Membership https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx
- Completed Membership application (click here)
- Attendance at orientation and safety briefing
- Sign off on the Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Flight training (no cost) if required
- Demonstration of flight proficiency
FAA registration is required. See the AMA web page:http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/faa-uas-faq.aspx for more information.
Planes that you own and fly must be marked with your AMA number and with your FAA registration number.